Monday, April 13, 2009

Howdy there stranger! Christmas bucket and Birthday Bear Hugs

It sure has been a long time since I've posted. I'm a terrible blogger. Forgive me. No need to heap on the apologies for my tardiness...instead I will hopefully redeem myself with some new stampin' projects. Let's get down to business. I have two projects that I am going to share with you. One is from Christmas time. I know, I know, a little late but I thought this little bucket was cute and I figured the idea can be changed for whatever you need. I bought the bucket at Target and tied a piece of 1/2 inch striped grosgrain ribbon in bashful blue. I added little bling accents to make it look pretty. The snowflake is from Stampin' Up's! Onboard chipboard. I covered it with tombow glue and then sprinkled silver glitter on top. I also used the chipboard for the '08 (and glittered it) to commemorate the date. Obviously this was for Christmas but you could always use a different bucket and decorate a letter or number chipboard to decorate the pail. I just love these as gifts. Super cute, super easy, and super special!
The next project I have to show you is a card I made for Daniel's Dad, Don Pepe (that's just a nickname we call him). His birthday was right after Christmas and I was really trying to make something manly yet cute. That explains why I used the bear from Under the Stars (#111556 $29.95). I just love this stamp set. When I first saw it I automatically wanted to do a camping scrapbook, but who am I kidding? I don't scrapbook nor do I camp. So the next best thing is a birthday card! I used the Prestwick DS paper (*frown* it's retired) to give it a bit of a man look. I figured plaid was perfect for that. The base of the card is Going Gray. I used Night of Navy, and Garden Green to tie the other colors from the DS.

Until next time...Happy Stampin'!
Shelley

No comments:

 
Web counter
Web counter