Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday Steph...

...I remembered BFF Steph's birthday...I just didn't post about it until now. Steph's birthday is in November...actually the end of Novmeber so with all the holiday cards and posts I figured I would post a belated birthday post for my BFF after the holidays. As you can see I made a special birthday card along with a "special BFF box". Steph's favorite color is purple and well, pink is always cute, so with that in mind the card below was born. I used glossy white paper and stamped the images in Versamark. Then I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the images and used the heat tool to finish embossing it. Then I spounged the pink pirouette in the center of the card. I worked my way outwards with pale plum, perfect plum, and elegant eggplant (in that order). As you can tell I used a little pretties to make it pretty! heehee! Overall I was happy with the way the card turned out and enjoyed the resist technique.





Next I needed to create a special box for BFF Steph's gift. I made a bookmark (that I didn't take a picture of) so the box didn't really need to be that big. To be honest I don't even know the dimensions of the box. I used pink pirouette as my base color and then used DSP "Bella Blossoms". I have to say that the moment I saw the stamp set "Humor in High Heels" I had to have it. It reminded me of Steph and I so much that I refused to use it until I made something with it for her. I wanted to make the dress a little different so I stamped the image three times. First on a piece of white paper (I didn't reink the stamp in between this stamping), then again on the white square I was going to mount the "finished"dress on. I stamped a second image (I reinked this time) on the DSP. I cut out the bottom half of the DSP dress and glued it to the bottom half of my dress that was stamped on the other white piece of paper. I wanted to make sure that the dress looked as "real" as possible so I used the culuzzle to cut out the bottom two petals of the flower on the dress' belt so that I could slide the DSP under it to make the flower fit. I cut out the finished dress and used dimensions to position the dress off to the side of the "shadowed" dress' image. You can see what I'm talking about in the very bottom picture.


What made this box special was that I inserted a piece of matching pink paper inside the box that had the date (just happened to be her birthdate) and the occasion of the gift. I then told her that we would give this box back and forth to each other on special occasions and note it on the paper. I thought it was cute way for us to look back on all our "special" occasions and remember the great times we shared. I'm sure we will both look forward to receiving our "special BFF box" through out the years.

Happy belated birthday Steph. You will always be my embassador of Quan! Love ya!

1 comment:

BFF STEPH said...

Okay make me cry!!! Thank you so much and you know I LOVED the card and the box!! Just wait, you are getting it back pretty soon. haha
I love ya man! :}

 
Web counter
Web counter