Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stamped wrapping paper

I LOVE PRESENTS!!!
I really love receiving them, but that's not what this post is about (it is only 94 days until Christmas-but who's counting?):o)
I've always enjoyed wrapping presents and figured it might be fun making my own wrapping paper. With my sisters birthday a couple of days ago I figured her gift would be the perfect one to try it out on. Before I started stamping my white wrapping paper (that I bought at Target) I figured I'd do a tutorial to show how I did it.

First: I started by measuring out my wrapping paper. This way I only stamped the paper I needed to wrap the present. I also chose the stamp set and colors I would need to create my "custom" paper.

Second: For this design I chose SU!'s Eastern Blooms stamp set. I then chose Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, and Tempting Turquoise as my color pallet. I stamped the largest flower randomly on the paper making sure to leave some room for my other two images. I really wanted Cameo Coral to be my main color so I used this color for my largest image.

Third: I selected my second image which was a little smaller than the first. My secondary color was Ruby Red.

Fourth: I used my smallest image to fill in and make sure that there were no "holes" in the paper. Tempting Turquoise was my accent color and worked perfectly for the smallest flower stamp. Voila! There you have a "custom" wrapping paper.

Voila! There you have a "custom" wrapping paper.

Of course I made a matching card. The stamped envelope is shown in the first picture.

So there you have it! My homemade wrapping paper. What do you think?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm sure she loved everything about your gift :)

 
Web counter
Web counter